""Rather than just capturing frozen moments from this beautiful landscape, I have found a whole new hidden world to investigate, that of the micro or mini wave. I endeavour to capture those moments the naked eye misses, trying to provide an alternative look to the average wave shots of today with each 5cm to 30cm wave providing its own unique moment.""
DebM was born in Melbourne in the mid sixties moving to Sydney with her family in early 70’s. DebM spent her teenage years on Bondi Beach, growing up immersed in the surfing culture.
Her father had a love of photography often having her act as his photographic subject & inturn this drew her attention to the technic and beauty photography possessed. At 14 DebM purchased her first camera, she would shoot local surfers then onsell her images to them, eventually financing her future equipment and world travels.
After a long stint of chasing summers around the globe DebM found herself immersed in the corporate world.
After a 35 year passion for photography she endeavored to do what she loves as a career so in June 2010 DebM began to take images of the shore breakers, to her delight she knew she had found her niche, & so was born DebM WAVEART.
DebM now sells her images across the globe, with numerous National and International publications doing features on works, and claiming accolade’s through Awards received Internationally & Nationally.
. 2016-Tokyo International Photography Awards- Second place - Fine Art
- 2016- Moscow International Photography Awards- Honourable Mention Fine Art Section
- 2015- Recognised as a Leading Surf Industry Photographer by Nikon & Surfing Australia
- 2015- WINNER; Spanish International Photography Awards.
- 2015- Vagabonde Festival, Bordeaux, France.Exhibition.
- 2015- Finalist Nikon Surf photos Awards. (only Female)
- 2014-Finalist American Forum Photography Magazine Best photography 2014
- 2014- Highly Honoured OCEANS-Natures Best Photography Award Smithsonian Museum
- 2014- Runner Up Australian Emerging Photographer Award
- 2014- Finalist Nikon Surf photos Awards. (only Female)
- 2014-Semi Finalist- HIPA Awards
- 2013- International Photography Awards -2nd place Nature/Other
- 2013- Finalist Nikon Surf photos Awards. (only Female)
- 2013- Top 18 Portfolios- The Inertia
- 2013- Semi Finalist- OCEANS-Natures Best Photography Award Smithsonian Institute
- 2013-Nikon World photography Awards-Finalist 1st Round
- 2012 Shutterbug Award 2012 - 2nd place winner
SINGLE & GROUP EXHIBITIONS
The SPAINISH INTERNATIONAL AWARDS Exhibition- Madrid
The VAGABONDE FESTIVAL- Bordeuax, France
The ULSAN International Photography Festival, Ulsan, Sth Korea.
- Tracks Magazine-commission
- UK Telegraph-feature
- Daily Examiner- feature
- Sun Herald- Feature
- White Horses Magazine- commission
- Smithsonian Ocean Portals Magazine
- Daily Mail-Feature
- Capture Magazine- Feature
- Surf Girl Magazine –UK. DebM WAVEART
- Inertia Feature
- Dive Photography Magazine-full feature
- My Nikon Life magazine-Surf Photo Awards Article
- Huffington Post UK
- Surfing World Magazine- feature
- Slow lifestyle magazine- feature
- White Horses Magazine, Story accompaniment
- White Horses Magazine, full feature
- Club Marine Magazine, full feature
- Clarence Scene Magazine-feature
- Huffington Post-feature
- F11- NZ photographic magazine, full feature
- Riptide Magazine, part feature
- Skynews.UK,full feature
- News.com.au, full feature
- Surf Sister magazine, full feature
- Sydney Morning Herald,
- Tracks Magazine, Story accompaniment
- 2015-WINNER; Spainish International Photography Awards.
- 2015- Vagabonde festival, Bordeaux. FRANCE.
- 2014- AQUA TECH Support
- 2014- Ulsan Festival- Korea
- 2013-Surfers Journal(USA) MASTER IMAGES Collection
- Diimex & Rex International agent.
- 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 -International Boat Show- Sanctuary Cove QLD, Sydney, Miami, USA, Newport, US-Maritimo Luxury Cruisers Artist
- 2013- Frother’s Gallery-Sydney. Sales Agent
- 2013-Canvas Wave California Art Gallery- Sales Agent
- 2012-Ocean Images gallery -Torquay, Sales
- 2012 Surf World,-Gold Coast Guest Speaker “Women of the Waves”,